Tenuta Pandolfa covers an area of 140 hectares on the Tuscany-Romagna Apennines, within the Vallata dei Rabbi. Of this area, 30 hectares planted with vines are dedicated to the Pandolfa project. The shallow soil, typical of Predappio, comes from the decay of ancient sandstone and calcareous marl rich in minerals and sulphur. Today, the vineyards are mainly Sangiovese followed by Chardonnay.
Apparently the name Pandolfa derives directly from Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta, also named “the wolf of Rimini”. From 1626 to 1941 the Marquis Albicini was the owner of the estate. Here the Albicini family found refuge during the raids of the French and built villas and farms. Today Marco Cirese (forth generation) is offering to Pandolfa an innovative vision.
The past and present story of the Estate meet on the wine labels. Here relive the characters associated with the history of the Renaissance the Villa, portraited by the famous Renaissance painter Piero della Francesca: Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta, Federico da Montefeltro and his wife Battista.